We have a job opening for Associate Chaplain for St Andrew’s Nursing Home (Aljunied).
DETAILS as below:
The Associate Chaplain will be employed by the Anchor Parish, Church of The Ascension (COA), to serve full-time at SANH (Aljunied), to provide holistic pastoral and spiritual care for the 342 residents, 165 staff members and 40 volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct daily pastoral rounds to look into the well-being the residents.
- Provide pastoral counseling for residents, family members, staff members or volunteers who have need for it.
- Conduct regular chapel services, devotions, bible studies and/or prayer meetings as the situation permits.
- Recruit, train and support volunteer befrienders to provide more social engagement for residents.
- Coordinate with COA to regularly pray for the Home and show care at special occasions.
- Share skills and knowledge gained from chaplaincy ministry to enhance Member Care in COA.
- Work as a team with other care staff in the Home, and with chaplains from other Homes within SANH.
- Reports directly to the Vicar of COA.
- Has a calling and passion to minister to the sick and elderly with the love of Christ.
- Has completed or is undergoing theological studies at a recognized institution at degree level.
- Is able to speak, read, write and present in English, and speak in Mandarin and at least 1 Chinese dialect.
- Competent in ofﬁce productivity software, e.g., Microsoft Ofﬁce.
- Has prior experience providing pastoral care, leading worship services, etc, in Christian ministry.
- Open to learning new things, e.g., terminology, procedures, technology, etc, needed in a Nursing Home.
Interested applicant who wishes to apply, please send in your resume with the attached MS Word file below to firstname.lastname@example.org